Here’s a few rules I advocate fat & fab diva’s never break!
1. Accessories are best worn near the neck and sleeves. Scarves and longer necklaces can do marvels for that special outfit. These divert attention from problem areas, and move it toward the bust and empire waist.
2. Do not highlight the problem areas, wherever they are for you, with color blocking, belts, bold prints, bright colors and accessories
3. Thick Horizontal Stripes can be a NO NO.
4. Make sure hemlines on skirts or trousers are proportionate or thick, but not too thick, and never thin!
5. Shape and fit are the most important cards you can play. Second come color and print/pattern.
6. Tops that slightly cling to a waist to give a slimming silhouette. Too loose, however is potentially unflattering, and too tight is worse than anything in the world!
7. Choose fabrics that fit great and are well constructed!!!!! Should I repeat??? Fabrics that cling at the problem areas, are a problem. Choose heavier, and more structured fabrics. Yes they are more expensive, so shop thrift!! See my other blog vintage perspectives for info =)
8. The right hairstyle is also essential to completing your look, and adding a slimming illusion to your face. My You Tube channel (link at top) has just what you need! Visit episode 5 for tips on plus size hair!
9. Wide-leg trousers: Can look great if they are fitted throughout the leg, are not too loose at the thigh portion of the body.
10. Fitted, flare, or boot cut jeans, create the most flattering appeal for the plus size body. Denim with at least 2-5% spandex, will fit much better, be more comfortable, and will stay up better.
11. V-neck tops: This style of top elongates the neckline as well as accentuates the bust and narrowing of collarbone area. This can also make shoulders appear les broad.
12.A-line skirts and dresses are amazing! This kind of skirt gives you the hourglass figure. It hides the heaviest set part of the body, the stomach, and buttocks. A line dresses and skirts can look fabulous with virtually all wardrobe items, and flatters the figure like you wouldn’t believe. For an example of A line and other flattering plus size garment shapes see my blog post below this one!
13.There are a million wonderful dress shapes for plus women, and I devoted a whole blog post to it, so please look below! =)